WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT A PSYCHIATRIST?
- Do you still prescribe to a preconceived bias regarding psychiatrists?
- Do you think that a psychiatrist is a doctor who treats only insane or mad people?
- Do you believe that psychiatric disorders cannot be treated?
- Do u think that a psychiatrist prescribes only sleeping pills ?
- Do u think all allopathic medicines are harmful and cause side effects ?
- Do u have a fear that all psychotropic medicines are addictive ?
- Or you choose to have an open and flexible approach towards life?
JUST THINK AGAIN…
Psychiatric disorders are not only treatable but with newer advanced medicines, they can be much more effective with minimum or absolutely no side effects. Accept it and look forward to come out of mental agony. Destigmatize it and make an effort to find out right, caring mental health professional to be free of mental agony.
When should you contact a mental Health Professional ?
- Are you feeling low for the last few days?
- Are you always stressed?
- Do you always remain worried about yourself, future and family?
- If anyone in your family has had a change in usual behavior pattern or exhibit abnormal behavior ?
- Are you having persistent headaches?
- Are you having concentration difficulties in your work or studies ?
- Are you having trouble in sleeping?
- Are you facing frequent anxiety or panic episodes ?
- Are you repeating same work, counting, checking, cleaning, hand-washing or having doubts in any work, image in mind?
- Are you facing sexual problems in your married life ?
- Does your child have anger, odd behaviour, hyperactivity problems ?